MUMBAI—Ajay Devgn launched the poster of Rajinikanth’s next venture, “Kaala Karikalan” May 18. For the first time ever, Rajinikanth and Nana Patekar will be seen in a face-off. “Kaala” is the Hindi version. The movie is a political drama set up in the backdrop of Dharavi, Asia’s biggest slum that is in central Mumbai. Produced by Dhanush, the film stars Huma Qureshi.
Rajinikanth has always shared a cordial bond with almost all top Hindi super-stars and Devgn’s launching the poster is no surprise. Here is a list:
• Salman Khan: Cordial personal relationship
• Aamir Khan: Co-star in “Aatank Hi Aatank” (1995).
• Shah Rukh Khan: Cameo in SRK’s home production “RA.One” (2011)
• Hrithik Roshan: Roshan was child artiste in his home production “Bhagwan Dada” in which Rajinikanth played the title-role.
• Akshay Kumar: Villain in Rajinikanth’s next, “2.0.”
• Amitabh Bachchan: Close personal relationship and co-stars in “Andhaa Kaanoon,” “Geraftaar” and “Hum.”
• Dev Anand: Close personal relationship.