Of the several enviable beauties in Bollywood, very few manage to catch up to being their old-selves after becoming a mother. Gone are the days when actresses became home-bodies post achieving motherhood. In between juggling new projects to managing their homes, especially kids, social lives and what not- these leading ladies may be taking it easy on the film front, but are definitely giving a tough competition to all the single, young actresses with their fitness regimes and figures worth a million bucks!
From being at the peak of their careers, embracing motherhood to becoming gorgeous yummy mummies-these top Bollywood divas reveal their diet secrets to become more stunning than ever.
#1. Malaika Arora Khan
The former VJ and actress loved her sultry moves in chart-busting Bollywood numbers and envious curves get better as she ages. At 43 and a kid later, this fit-mummy is going as strong as any 20-year old girl!
Her fitness secret
She follows a diet while practicing moderation. She follows a 5-meal plan with nutritious food options all throughout. Malaika believes in eating right and working out well.
Here’s what she has to say about her diet plan:
“I haven’t tried any of those crazy fad diets. I believe in eating right. Plus, I love going to the gym and enjoy yoga because it streamlines your body.”
She prefers keeping her body in shape and complete with energy to fight stress and fatigue with a Protein Shake and banana as her best post workout option.
- Her day begins with a glass of warm lemon-honey water followed by a litre of water to eliminate all toxins.
- For breakfast, she prefers having a bowl of fresh fruits with something like upma or idli, or multigrain toast with egg whites.
- For her mid-day meal and evening snacks, she prefers going for fresh vegetable juices or peanut butter sandwich.
- Her lunch is a balanced meal of 2 chapattis, rice, veggies and chicken with sprouts for salad.
- She prefers keeping her dinner light with a bowl of soup and steamed veggies.
#2. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Going from being known as the most beautiful woman in the world to facing criticism for her weight post-pregnancy, Aishwarya has seen both sides of the media’s snare. Leaving the media to bite the dust, she has gotten back on the top of her game with a gradual and healthy approach to being fit again.
So, what does the former miss world eat to keep in shape?
- Her diet mainly comprises of fresh vegetables and foods that have a higher nutrition quo.
- She has made it a point to shift to the healthy brown rice from the white rice, which is more nutritious, has better dietary fibre and also is great for keeping appetite in check.
- The most important thing she does is to make sure that she is getting all her proteins from the right sources and believes in having a proper combination of carbs and proteins in the diet!
- After starting her day with a glass of warm water and lemon and honey, she opts for a breakfast of brown bread toasts or oats.
- She makes sure to break the long gaps in between her meals by including small snacks like seasonal fruits or nuts.
- For lunch, she has boiled veggies, dal and chapattis.
- Her dinner is usually comprised of grilled fish and brown rice.
#3. Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa Shetty is one of the few actresses who is just getting better with growing age. Since her Baazigar days, this dusky beauty has maintained a toned figure, flawless skin, slender waistline and lustrous hair-all thanks to healthy eating habit and regular workouts.
This is what she advises to every woman who looks up to her to get fitter:
“When it comes to your health goal, no matter what, diet is a part of the larger jigsaw puzzle called ‘lifestyle’.”
Shilpa Shetty’s diet plan for a glowing skin and a slender, healthy body:
- Post-workout: Shilpa prefers for a power-packed combo of 2 dates, 8 black raisins and protein shake.
- Breakfast: She starts her day with aloe vera or amla (Indian gooseberry) juice followed by porridge and tea with brown sugar.
- Lunch: She takes Chapatti/brown rice, chicken curry/turkey/salmon and fresh veggies.
- Evening snacks: Brown bread toast, egg white, green tea.
- She finishes her Dinner by 8 pm. Her dinner mostly is made up of soups, salads and chicken.
#4. Kareena Kapoor
The Begum of the nawab khandaan is very well known for her jaw-dropping transformation. The soon-to-be mommy has maintained herself well with her strong determination, disciplined life and dedication towards her workout and diet plan. She believes that to be fit, one has to maintain a balanced approach towards diet and workouts.
Kareena’s owes her stunning figure to her healthy meal plan. She lost around 12 kilos in just five months after Taimur's birth. She is not only practicing yoga but also doing ‘flyng fit’, a type of aerial twists and palates. Read More.
Her yoga instructor, Anshuka Parwani said:
“It’s not about jumping but holding postures. Kareena can hold the position for up to two minutes which is an achievement. Her workout is tailor-made and we keep changing the routines. Post pregnancy, it’s been a lot more about balancing out hormones and the endocrine system.”
Kareena Kapoor’s diet plan
- Breakfast: Muesli, cheese, bread slices or parathas with milk/ soya milk
- Lunch: Chapattis, dal, ample amount of green salads and soup
- Snacks: She prefers filling in on Protein shake and fruits to keep her going through the day
- Dinner: Chapattis, dal/ vegetable soup.
#5. Sushmita Sen
Sushmita Sen is touted as one of the most beautiful women in India. Who doesn’t love Sushmita for the exuding elegance she carries herself with! A perfect blend of beauty with brains, svelte figure, sparkling eyes and a million dollar smile, this beauty queen has been at the top of her fitness game while juggling motherhood and a career. And even though she has not achieved motherhood biologically, raising a kid is not an easy task either and that too can take a toll on a woman’s health. We are sure all the mommies will agree with us on that!
Here are the some of the most coveted secrets of the former Miss Universe:
She recommends having a balanced approach towards diet and lifestyle; The diet advice that Sushmita sticks by is, that one should discipline his/her mind and the body will follow.
- She starts her day early in the morning with a cup of ginger tea followed by a protein-rich breakfast of 3 egg whites or porridge with a glass of vegetable juice.
- At 10, she snacks on a handful of nuts for that mid-day energy boost.
- Her lunch is comprised of a bowl of rice, dal, veggies and a helping of chicken or fish.
- For evening snacks, she likes to eat the vegetable-based sandwich or idlis or a bowl of upma with a cup of coffee.
#6. Genelia D’souza Deshmukh
Comes motherhood and the girly charm goes away. But in Genelia’s case, the chubby phase was quite short-lived as we can see the babe unveiling her girlie and cute look again. We appreciate that she opted to take her time instead of just fast-tracking it. She truly enjoyed her pregnancy and post-pregnancy days. Mother of two boys, Riaan and Rahyl, getting back into shape with that glow definitely need some special planning and fitness regime.
The secrets of her fitness are revealed here:
Her main mantra is to eat every two hours. Being a non-vegetarian, she’s fond of chicken but she makes sure to have fish five times a week, being a healthy non-vegetarian dish. Mutton and chicken are only once a week.
Genelia’s Diet Plan:
- She starts her day with a glass of warm water followed by two egg whites along with a slice of bread.
- She has South Indian breakfast with idly in her breakfast. After a gap of half an hour, she takes the cup of coffee.
- In her lunch, two roti's and a fish/prawn/chicken dish and a vegetable are taken. She follows this diet every half an hour to 45 minutes. Being a high protein diet, she also takes the egg white throughout the day.
- Grilled sandwich or poha once in a while is what she takes in her evening snacks.
- For her dinner, tandoori chicken is what she prefers and she avoids the crabs. She believes for dinner, having vegetarian and non-vegetarian as a dish is a must.
Not being a very heavy workout person, her trainer comes home and work out for half an hour maximum. Accompanied, she likes to run and do jogging and this is how she maintains her diet and stays fit being a perfect mommy.
#7. Soha Ali Khan
Gone are the days when a pregnant woman used to hide their baby bumps. Recently, turned mother to an angel, Inaaya, Soha Ali Khan has been the fitness freak throughout her pregnancy. Her yoga game was always on point along with a healthy diet.
On International Yoga day, Soha shared a very inspiring message to all her fans and mom-to-be to not pose for the world but to ‘Pose for yourself’.
For Soha, Yoga has been the best way to lose weight and stay fit. As said, Fitness is indeed a personal journey and Soha has been proving it every day.
Being a mother certainly is a very tough job, but it is important to spare some time for yourself and focus on your health too. So all you gorgeous mommies, just get inspired by these yummy mummies of Bollywood and get going now!