Zee TV’s new show has been the talk of the town ever since the first promo went on air. The first promo hit the tube when Drashti Dhami was about to get married. For months, we didn’t hear anything about the show, and trust us the wait was totally worth it.
For weeks, the “Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani” trailers sparked our curiosity and made us eager to catch the first episode. The show stars Drashti Dhami opposite Siddhant Karnick and veteran actress Anita Raaj.
After catching the first episode, here’s why we think you should not miss the second episode:
1) This is Dhami’s (who plays Gayatri) first show after her wedding. There is no doubt that she is a brilliant actress, and the first scene itself proves our point. Her experience and expertise in the field of acting is evident with her performance. She makes you believe in the character of Gayatri, a simpleton who aspires to gain knowledge.
2) The vintage cars are a sight for sore eyes. If you are a car person and love the look of old-fashioned, royal cars, then the show will showcase all the olden models.
3) No one carries the royal English look better than Raaj in the show. She’s graceful, elegant and ‘oh-my-god’ beautiful as hell. While everyone’s acting is perfect, it’s Raaj who actually steals the show.
4) It recreates the 1940s perfectly. From the artwork on the mirrors to the sofa sets, carriages, dresses and hairstyles, they remind you of another era. The attention to detail is mind-blowing and something not many shows can achieve.
5) Ideally, the storyline should be the obvious choice, but since we are not yet clear on the direction of the show, we’ll hold on to that. So for our fifth reason, we are going with: Karnick looks impressive as the intense soldier who has just come back from war. He carries off the “returned-from-war” look like a pro.
Frankly, the show has managed to keep us hooked for now. Let’s hope the episodes ahead don’t disappoint.