• Fremont, Calif.-based Vdopia, a mobile video advertising provider, has revamped top management. Company co-founder Saurabh Bhatia, previously chief business officer, was named CEO, succeeding co-founder Srikanth Kakani, who becomes CTO, a new post. Co-founder Chhavi Upadhyay, formerly COO, becomes president, also a new position. Bhatia previously held executive posts at Maxcellence, Peak Performance Solutions and Insways Software. He has a degree in industrial engineering from IIT-Delhi.
• Sumani Dash is director and country head, U.S. and Canada, for Indian trade organization Confederation of Indian Industry in Washington, D.C. She has a master’s from the Joseph Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver; a post-graduate diploma in international law and diplomacy; and a bachelor’s in journalism from the University of Delhi.
• Conversant, a Westlake Village, Calif.-based digital marketing provider, has appointed Raju Malhotra senior VP, products. He built a media management product at Centro, led product strategy for Bing Shopping and was a management consultant at McKinsey & Co. Malhotra has an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a B.S. in computer engineering from India’s National Institute of Technology.
• Ann Arbor, Mich.-based Lycera Corp., a biopharmaceutical firm developing oral medicines to treat autoimmune disease, has named Harinder Singh scientific advisory board chair. Director of the division of immunobiology and the Center for Systems Immunology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, he has B.S and M.S. degrees in biochemistry from the College of Basic Sciences and Humanities at Punjab Agricultural University and a Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology from Northwestern University.
• Univita Health, a Miramar, Fla.-based provider of home healthcare solutions, has appointed Manjinder Singh chief administrative officer. He was senior VP, technology, at Healthcare Financial Systems; senior executive at Coventry Health Care; and consulted for Fallon Community Health Plan.
• Columbus, Ohio-based Battelle, an R&D organization managing tech centers and national laboratories, has elected Carnegie Mellon University president Subra Suresh to its board. A materials scientist, he formerly led the National Science Foundation.
• Radiation oncologist Dr. Anshu K. Jain has joined Logan Regional Cancer Center in Logan, W.Va. A graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, he did a residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center. Jain is a clinical instructor at the Yale University School of Medicine.
• Venturi Ventures, a Vancouver, Canada-based firm focused on the medical marijuana sector, has added Bob Rai and Punit Dhillon to its board. Rai runs Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy Outlets in Greater Vancouver, Canada, and is a board member of cancer-detection firm Perceptronix Medical. Dhillon is co-founder/CEO of OncoSec Medical, a San Diego, Calif.-based pharmaceutical firm creating immunotherapy to treat solid tumors.
• Pravin Vazirani, general partner at Menlo Ventures, has joined the board at Mountain View, Calif.-based security firm vArmour after MV co-led a $36-million funding round in the company.
Compiled by Richard Springer